2. Beware the Garage - Make sure the garage is locked! Many thieves will attempt to enter a garage, knowing that there may be valuable tools inside. And there is less of a chance the residents will be disturbed. If you have a dog, keep him in the garage on guard duty!
3. Be a good neighbor - Watch out for each other. If you see something suspicious, give your neighbor a call or call the police to check on the property. Like our local Sherriff likes to remind us - "See it, hear it, report it".
4. Cash and valuables - Keep your cash, jewelry, and other valuables outside of your master bedroom. Often that is the first place a theft will look for expensive items.
5. Landscape - Keep large bushes and other landscaping in your yard someone could hide behind to a minimum.
6. Motion-Sensor lights - Motion-sensor lights can deter nighttime break-ins. It is a great deterrent.
7. Keep a radio on - Your house is most likely going to be broke into during the day. By keeping a radio on, the theft will be less likely to search the home thinking that someone is still there.
Make sure you have insurance coverage against theft! Take pictures or a short video of each room and it's contents. Our homeowners and renters insurance policies provide great coverage against theft. Give us a call to find out more!